Creating Rectangular Void Panels with LunchBox

Hi all, I was wondering how one would go about extruding panels with the LunchBox plugin. I would like it to be rectangular with a void in the middle as seen in the image provided. The group in magenta within the script is where LunchBox is being used. What components should be used in order to subdivide one surface, and then apply it to the entire structure? Your help is appreciated. Thanks.

lunchbox.gh (23.7 KB)
panel example

You can use Lunchbox and WeaverBird for the same result.

SUB SURFACE.gh (28.1 KB)

Why don’t you just try to use a classical box-morph method?

BoxMorph_re.gh (29.4 KB)

2 Likes

Can’t help you with Lunchbox but I’ve done a few towers. :wink:

tower_2023Mar4a.gh (52.6 KB)

1 Like

Thank you all for the responses. There are multiple ways to go about this and they’re all valid.

They are not the same, however. Besides structural differences, the issue of offsets is significant. The width of rails (horizontal parts) and stiles (vertical parts) around the holes (windows) get smaller in the version I did. Same with @HS_Kim’s version. I can’t tell about @hsuhc’s version?

For me, scale was easier than fixed offsets because the surfaces and windows are not planar. It could still be done with fixed offsets on all floors but it’s more work. Which do you prefer?

P.S. This version uses Clipper PolyOffset (because standard GH offset curve is broken) to get constant width of rails and stiles, bottom to top of the tower.

tower_2023Mar4b.gh (55.1 KB)

The tower on the left is version ‘a’ with scaled windows (and stiles and rails). The tower on the right (version ‘b’) uses offset to get constant width of stiles and rails.

1 Like

The varying offsets are what I was looking for. Therefore, version “a” is what I’‘’ end up using. Thanks again.