Curved Panels at fillet corner - LUNCHBOX

Hi All,

I am a beginner at grasshopper and I wanted to ask if there is a way to get curved panels at the fillet corners using Lunchbox.
I am aware the the lunchbox plugin breaks down the surface into grids which creates angular panels at the fillet, however I am looking for a way to create the diamond subdivision as a curved panel at the corners marked in the image below.

Any help on this would be appreciated. Thank you :slight_smile:

Curves.3dm (161.3 KB)
Lunch box paneling.gh (11.5 KB)

Hi,

One way is to correct the LunchBox panels at the filleted corners of your base surface.

This can be done by first identifying the relevant diamonds and tris, then projecting their boundary curves onto the same base surface and resurfacing the new boundary curves by trimming the base surface with them.

The annoying thing with LunchBox is that it outputs triangles to deal with the border situation of the surface. These require special treatment here (since triangles are always planar).

Please note that the trimming of the base surface is a rather slow enterprise. Complexity grows with the number of panels.

Enjoy.

filleted-lunchbox-diamonds.gh (19.2 KB)