Command options dialog and command window

hi guys,

the command section is not needed if the pop up is there. is there a way to remove it? (the left part)

Yes [and no, not in a good way yet]
if you grab that 4 dots thing, you can drag it out to float. it will then have an X to close it.

then go to Window manu at the bottom Window layout, and save your new layout.

But 2 problems, every time you open a new rhino doc, it will reappear [floating] and you also loose access to that toolbar which is changing according to the active ribbon tab.
[Hopefully these issues will be fixed soon.]

HTH
Akash

1 Like

Hi -

Those are mutually exclusive (i.e., you can’t have it both show the changing toolbar, and hide this panel). The fix will have to come in a rewrite of that part of the Rhino for Mac UI, which is not something that is on the agenda for Rhino 8, I’m afraid.
Personally, I have a custom window layout where that panel is docked but collapsed so that only the 4 dots are shown…
-wim

Thanks @wim
But then if it is collapsed one cannot use the toolbar…?

That’s correct, those two requirements are, for the time being, mutually exclusive. I never user toolbar buttons, so, for me, hiding that panel makes most sense…
-wim

Isn’t this simple logic? [and yes I’m assuming many things here that I understand nothing of] We have two totally different things [Command stuff, and that Dynamic toolbar] that are fully unrelated and unconnected, packaged together inside one box. [ A not-good idea that goes back to the initial problematic “Mac Look” choice ].
But why not simply Select all the Command code, delete it, and rename the box! what you have then is a free Dynamic toolbar that we can use. The old command toolbar thing can still be there [it hasn’t been touched] for people that like to use it.
not need to write a complicated ETO command line that will work the same for Mac and Window…
Just select [how many thousand of lines of code it may be] delete, and rename. it can be done for 8.
Why not ?

2 Likes

This is a big UI/UX flaw in IMHO. i really hope you can fix it for the release of 8

1 Like

Hi Yousef -

There is no disagreement on that part.

I’m afraid that’s extremely unlikely.
-wim

1 Like

that is unfortunate, nonetheless thank you for taking the time.