Can't remap middle and right mousebutton (Rhino 6)

unhandled

(Anika Boeller) #1

Hi there.

I tried to to switch middle and right mouse button in the advanced menu… (RHINO 6)
switch 2 to 3 / and 3 to 2…

after that i rebooted. still not working.

(when i press the right key some context menu opens, middle mouse button doesnt work at all)

screenshot settings:

Can someone help me with this?

(Pascal Golay) #2

Hello - This works here so far - if the middle mouse button is set to open a menu in Options> Mouse, then the menu comes with the RMB down, if the middle mouse button is set to pop up the toolbar in Options, then this now moves to the right button in practice. Here, middle mouse button click acts as Enter with the settings you show - that is what I expect - I guess that is either not what you expected or not what you’re getting?

-Pascal

(Anika Boeller) #3

Hi Pascal
i would like to be able to orbit with the middle mouse button pressed down, using the right button for a custom popup menu.
neither works seems to work (i get a return with the right button).

is there anything else i need to setup in the pref?

(Pascal Golay) #4

Hello - I see that that does not work… from the Advanced settings - The MMB can be made to rotate the view, and you can add context menus for the right mouse button though -

Any of that help?

-Pascal

(Anika Boeller) #5

oh cool .that works. thanks. …but can i also put the pop up menu on the right mouse button (i use it a lot). now i have orbit twice.

(Pascal Golay) #6

Hello - as one of the commands in the context menus, put in PopUpMenu Yeah… one extra click…

-Pascal

(Anika Boeller) #7

middle mouse button can orbit PLUS if no movement the popup opens. so all good, thank you!
btw context menu… i never used that. for which commands would you use it? are there presets?