Cannot open dwg (rhino crashes) or import or whatever since upgrading to Rhino 7 from Rhino 6

So yes, really frustrated here. How can I get in touch with someone that can walk me through troubleshooting this bad boy…

I don’t have administration rights so there is not much I can do… But if I can at least identify the issue. Apparently in the administrator profile there are no issues on the same machine.

Hi Maira - do you get a McNeel crash report UI when the crash occurs? If so, please send that in to us with as much detail about what you were doing as you can provide.

-Pascal

Hello Pascal,

When it happens Rhino gets in some loop and never gets to crash. It just becomes unresponsive for a loooong time. I have sent an example file that failed to [tech.support@mcneel.com]

Recently I have pinpointed the issue to what mesh precision is assigned on import. Rhino was freezing when selecting Automatic option for many dwg files. I began choosing double precision for all dwgs and I had a better rate of success, but I am not sure that it worked for all files. I will try to reproduce the issue if I can. BR maira

@miguel.fonseca - I do not see anything from you - can you resend to tech@mcneel.com, if the file is not massive, (smaller the better) or upload to www.rhino3d.com/upload to my attention if the file is very large. Either way please include a link back here in your comments,

-Pascal