Can a suface have ghosted look in all displays without setobjectdisplaymode

Hi Rhino Team, Can a surface have a ghosted look no matter which display you are in order to be seeing the surface you are working on(( say editing) . This may be old hat ,but it begs to be done. In other words as you pick the surface ,it becomes ghosted ( that’s in any display mode).
It is done in VSR and seems quite logical .Thank you ,Mark

Off hand, I like that idea…
Actually, @markintheozarks - I guess this is really ‘Ghost surfaces with points on’ or ‘Ghost surfaces with points selected’, maybe, I’m not sure it helps if it’s just a selction thing for the top level surface.
@jeff, is that a reasonable thing to do - automatically Ghost surfaces that have points turned on?

-Pascal

1 Like

pascal McNeel
May 2
Off hand, I like that idea…
Actually, @markintheozarks - I guess this is really ‘Ghost surfaces with points on’ or ‘Ghost surfaces with points selected’, maybe, I’m not sure it helps if it’s just a selction thing for the top level surface.
@jeff, is that a reasonable thing to do - automatically Ghost surfaces that have points turned on?

-Pascal

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond

To stop receiving notifications for this particular topic, click here. To unsubscribe from these emails, change your user preferences

There is the good old ShadeSelected as an example of the type of functionality

I would think this to be a setting per displaymode.
There is already an section in place:

-Willem

Hi Willem, I tried the setting in options . It did not accomplish the desired effect. Like @ Pascal mentioned ghosted surface points on ( in whichever display Mode your in ) thank you, Mark

Also along the lines of discusion would be a special highlighted working color. Not asking too much am I😏 ? — Mark

Would this be done in Wireframe modes as well? @Pascal anything is possible, but I’m not just going to add this for the sake of adding it. I think this needs internal discussion before “just doing it”.

Hi Jeff - sure - just checking on the ‘pie in the sky’ factor in actually implementing such a thing, not saying Let’s do it. It does seem like a potentially useful thing when noodling surface points in a shaded viewport.

-Pascal

1 Like