Button size on retina macbook pro?

Hi

Any chance there is a super secret way to scale the button icons? The “scale everything” feature in display settings only gets the text.

win 8.1

1 Like

Tools > Options > Rhino Options > Toolbars > Size and Styles

Button size: Large

With the likelihood that many of the veteran Rhino users are likely opting for a high-resolution display on notebooks, you’d think there oughta be an additional entry in the pulldown labeled Ginormous

yeah, this is already at “large”

no equivalent of this in rhino for windows?

(Rhinoceros-> Preferences-> Tool Palette on mac… up to 64x64 for icons)

Nope. Windows Rhino icons are not scalable and 32 px is max… --Mitch

We have improved this for the next version of Rhino. There were a lot of changes that had to be made which makes me hesitant to back port this into a V5 service release.

Hi
There are a couple of things.
In the Windows Control Panel, use the Display applet to increase the size of icons and text to 150%-200%.
Then in Rhino Options - Toolbars - Sizes and Styles, set the icon size to large.
That should be much better.

When the interface for Rhino V5 was developed, these super high-resolution monitors did not exist.
As Steve mentioned, we are adding support for them for Rhino V6.

Good luck

that display applet is not scaling the icons… Unless I am missing something it is just working on the text.

unless that rhino 6 alpha is right around the corner it sure would be wonderful to see this feature sooner… many of us are using windows on a macbook pro, and I would LOVE to use it on a new retina imac.

1 Like

My UI has already ‘large’ buttons and grasshopper buttons are imposible!

Is there any possibility to do a similar adjustment for Rhino and Grasshopper such as the one described in the following link? these kind of solution seems to be working fine already in windows 10

Never mind, already fixed with this ‘adjustment’ just changed the name from the ps file to rhino.exe.manifest copied it right next to the Rhino.exe file , and it works!!

1 Like

Hey @RonanB I have tried to change the name of the ps file to thino.exe.manifest and copy it next to the rhino.exe but it wont let me open rhino after that…
Any ideas? Kind Regards
Paddy

Hi Paddy
My attempt was a lucky guess I believe, because It worked well for the first time, kind of a hole in one.
I didn’t mess with code or anything alike.
I guess the only way I can help here is with my own file, which you can download from here
best
Ronan

Thanks Ronan, I managed to sort it last night using the manifest from: http://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-app-scaling-on-high-dpi-displays-fix/

I suppose the low res is something you get used to, and there is nothing one can do to improve it until rhino 6 is released?

Very surprised that the Rhino Developers havent made this information more accessable… It took some seriously dedicated researching to find this fix…! So thanks again.

All the best.
Paddy

With a System Registry key addition and copying a manifest file to the folder where 64-bit Rhino V5 lives, you can fix the small icon problem on high resolution monitors.

The details are in this new FAQ support document:
http://wiki.mcneel.com/rhino/5/video/highres/toolbars_and_text_too_small_in_64-bit_rhino_5_on_high_resolution_screen

This also fixes the same issue for Grasshopper in 64-bit V5

With a System Registry key addition and copying a manifest file to the folder where 64-bit Rhino V5 lives, you can fix the small icon problem on high resolution monitors.

The details are in this new FAQ support document:
http://wiki.mcneel.com/rhino/5/video/highres/toolbars_and_text_too_small_in_64-bit_rhino_5_on_high_resolution_screen

This also fixes the same issue for Grasshopper in 64-bit V5