Bump map distorted on render

Anyone any idea what i’m doing wrong? I have used the bump map to show rivets, which shows fine in the rendered view, but when it comes to the full render the PS file bump map shows the rivets as dots separated from the skin of the plane? I have tried variations of PNG, TIFF and JPEG, interlaced. Is there a setting im missing? IM using V6. I have another file , which i cant upload because of copyright, that works fine, so i think im missing something.

Hello - please export the affected surfaces to a new file, making sure to check the box that saves the textures, and send to tech@mcneel.com, to my (Pascal) attention - please also include a link back to this topic.

Got it - RH-61324 Bump map displaced in full render

-Pascal

Will do.

Steve

Pascal, any soloution to my issue? The problem i have is you have version 7 out very soon which does work with my naturists on render. Can get I get free upgrade to 7. I’ve currently bought maxwell to help out and looking into vray as well just so I can get this rendered out. I’ve only just bought 6

In Rhino 7 this is already fixed in Rhino Render:

With Physically Based materials you’ll be able to control roughness / metallic as well, like you can see in the screenshot I pasted.

Yep you answered my question then. Fixed in V7 not in 6. So I’m guessing that will be the soloution. Have already sent an email to sales. Thanks