Bugs: openings and dimensions

Hello,
I have recently came across several annoying bugs:
1/ changing a display mode in a layout breaks dimensions history; some of them just fly around the layout; I haven’t checked all possibilities but switching from realistic to hidden and back is especially painfull,
2/ moving a window/door resets its style dimensions to “other”, just like at the pictures, this makes an idea of styles a bit useless…:

I hope there is an solution :wink:

Cheers, Jaro

Hello @jerry.bakowski,

VisualARQ doesn’t support linked dimensions for now. I couldn’t reproduce the issue, could you send us the file to visualarq@asuni.com?

I have just added this issue to our bug list, I will let you know when it is solved.

Sent, cheers, Jaro

Hi @jerry.bakowski,

I received the file and I have been checking it. As I told you, VisualARQ doesn’t support linked dimensions or dimensions history for now, so this issue is related to the one we are dealing with here.

I have already added your vote to the issue “Dimensions linked to VisualARQ objects” in our wishlist, so that you will be notified once this feature is available. However, including this feature is not in our hands for the moment; the Rhino API doesn’t support dimensions history on custom objects so we will not be able to do it until this feature is available in the API (which apparently will take some time).

Meanwhile, you can use dimensions without history, so that you will not get this error.

Hello Alfonso,
Frankly, I don’t care what kind of dimensions VA supports :wink: or at least I don’t care now :wink:
There was just an info that - after changing a display mode - the object history is broken, or something like that. And the style of dimension changed a bit, it was printed with a heavy line. I don’t have much time now, so I can’t reproduce the problem now. But if I encounter it again I will let you know.
Cheers, Jaro

1 Like

Hi @jerry.bakowski ,

We have officially released VisualARQ 2.11.1, which fixes this error you reported here. VisualARQ 2 - Version 2.11.1 released

1 Like