Block visibility issues with the new WIP7

I’m having issues with inserted blocks and blocks created in the drawing file disapearing and reappearing.
Anyone else having an issue with this?
If I show multiple vewports on the screen, blocks seem to be showing up in some viewports but not others. Isorcurves also seem to disappear and reappear, it’s a problem when trying to model parts that fit inside blocks because they keep disappearing.

Hi Steve - I am not aware of this so far-

Can you please run SystemInfo in Rhino and post the results, and also please post a simple file that shows the problem - if it is confidential, please send to tech@mcneel.com and include a link back to this topic in your comments.

Does V6 with the same situation behave better?

-Pascal

Here’s a file with just the offending parts. This was a 25MB file with some confidential stuff which I’ve removed. One part ( the Cam) was an inserted file which was linked. I embedded the part to upload the file and the issue seems to have gone away, so I’m thinking maybe the issue is with inserted files.

Not sure that upload worked so here are the files, sorry if this is a repeat

System info.txt (2.1 KB)

visibility issue.3dm (3.9 MB)

Hi Steve - thanks - the one thing I see that is only part, I think, of what is bugging you, is that in Shaded, selection shows isos on all blocks and they do not do away again until I move the view, while the polysurface shows them all the time. That is weird but I suspect not the thing that is getting in your way.

That seems to be related to having the ground plane enabled or not - do you see that?

-Pascal

Yes I’m not concerned about the isocurves so much as the orange parts disappearing. If you you look at the image, 2 of the orange parts have disappeared in the top view. When I changed the “cam” part to an embedded file instead of an “inserted” file, the problem seems to have gone away.

Hi Steve- ok… I am not able to repeat that - I exported and re-linked to a Cam file and so far it behaves, here. I know it is tedious, but since I cannot reproduce the problem can you possibly make us a file with a linked insert that shows this and send it all to tech@mcneel.com?

-Pascal

Sure I will send the master file.
Thank you for your help

A post was split to a new topic: Block strangeness in WIP