Best method to turn my aircraft into a line drawing with view of skin and panel edges?

Hi,
V5.
What would be the best way of turning my aircraft object into a side view line drawing, where only the edges of surfaces, and my rivet lines (circles) are seen, so as to become a typical aircraft side view plan in a book ?
I try for make2D, and after two minutes of a timer, I exit to see emails, return and all is not clickable, no timer, end task and its running, select and end task, says not responding.

It wont make2D.

I try again selecting current view and after a while I get 2D, though I need to remove some details as the cowling was not a single surface due to its complexity, so I see lines of all the surfaces that made it.

What should I do, one view at a time ?

Steve

Hi -

That’s how it works, yes. It just takes your input without judging it. If you don’t like the output, you’ll either have to change the input or post-process the output.
-wim

1 Like

Technical, pen, and artistic display modes have the option of using parallel lines for shading. Two examples are shown below:

The ones showed are very nice rendering of the view, especially the patent view (see this thread as well)
But the problem is they are only illustrations!
No lines, if you export to Pdf you get a raster Pdf
if you export to dwg you get a really different output.
This is being discussed elsewhere in the forum. Rhino is a very nice software for modeling but unfortunately there is no way to get usable 2d views/ drawings.