Aeromaster LMP

Aeromaster LMP is a replica of the 2003 Bentley Speed 8 LMP prototype car that won “Le Mans” back in 2003. However, some changes and improvements were made on the body to better suit the kit car nature of the built (for example, the original car didn’t had proper weatherstripping on the doors), and the tubular chassis allows a wide variety of engines and transmissions to be used.
The car is produced by “Aeromaster sports cars” Co.,Ltd at Sofia, Bulgaria. www.aero-master.com

74 Likes

Impressive!

1 Like

That’s great @Rhino_Bulgaria, thanks for sharing.

– Dale

3 Likes

Very well done, Bobi.

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words! That project was mainly developed between 2009 and 2011, and I consider it as my biggest step into the free-form modeling with Rhino, because it had some challenging complex surface transitions that required lots of experimenting with new techniques. Bentley Speed 8 is the perfect car model for Rhino CAD modelers to improve their skills and I encourage everyone to try to recreate it.

5 Likes

WOAH NOW — this took me for surprise :wink:

1 Like

Wow, really? :smiley: What was the surprise for you?

Reminds me of a neighbor across the street who built official indy and funny cars in his garage. Good job!

1 Like

Thanks! It’s fascinating to experience the development and build of such a project from the ground up. The first new Pro chassis with Ø45 mm tubes already takes shape and will be ready soon. :slight_smile:

Now that we have the new Aeromaster custom rims and custom brake calipers in place, the most fun part comes to install them on the first prototype Aeromaster Pro chassis whose welding just finished. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Test fitting of the main suspension components on the bare chassis. Can’t wait to see it painted in charcoal dark grey. :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Final check of the Aeromaster LMP demo car before going to its new lucky owner. A dream, a car built almost 10 years ago with all love and passion …:racing_car::checkered_flag::checkered_flag:

And a few more pics of another customer’s car. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hi Bobi, Thats coming along nicely. Which three bolt wheel hub bearing housings are you using on your suspension uprights. Ford, Audi or some other?

1 Like

Hi, I’m using Corvette C5/C6 hub-bearing. It’s a simple proven design and easy to supply in most countries, this is why I use it for my projects since nearly 15 years. :grinning:

That’s a surprise, I assumed you would be using something Euro.

Prices of wheel bearings of European models that are designed to withstand 400 HP or beyond are way too expensive. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Awesome work! Congratulations!

May I ask, what references if any did you use to model the car? Photographs and guessing? Are there some kind of technical drawings available?

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words!

I started the 3d modeling on November 2007 and at the time it was difficult to find good photos of the real 2003 Bentley Speed 8 LMP car. Nowadays the Internet is full of its high resolution photos as the car have been driven multiple times on various race tracks in recent years and showcased in annual events such like “Goodwood festival of speed” and " Pebble beach Concours d’elegance". Years later I also discovered that the source that published the basic dimensions of the car used some totally wrong numbers, this is why the general size of my 3d model is slightly off compared to the genuine car.

I used the following 3d renderings and photos as a reference:
Bentley-AM6

Bentley-AM8

Bentley-AM7

Bentley-AM2

Bentley-AM4

Bentley-AM5

aa2050

Bentley-BC25

Bentley-BC26

5 Likes

This photo of the first Aeromaster Pro chassis is from December 2021. It’s pity that all of this is now hidden under the body panels.

And some engineering p**n.

10 Likes