Flamingo NXT 5 Beta available today

We have released a Beta of Flamingo NXT 5. This is a new version that is integrated with many of the Rhino 5 rendering tools.

To download the latest version, go here:

http://wiki.mcneel.com/flamingo/5/primer

This Beta build will not replace the existing Flamingo NXT, but will add an additional render engine to Rhino. This allows both Flamingo NXT and the new Flamingo NXT 5 WIP to both be used depending on which renderer is current.

NXT for 5 has a few goals:

1. The Viewport Render Preview mode has been improved.
  2. Material mapping is done through the Rhino mapping interface
  3. Decals are placed using the Rhino decal interface integrated into the Rhino rendering
    panels:
  • Sun Control
  • Ground Panel Lights
  • Material Library Panel
  • Material Editor Drag and Drop Materials
  1. Safe Frame is supported
  2. Custom Meshing is supported, this includes:
  • Curve Piping
  • Displacement Edge Softening
  • Shut Lining
  • New Hybrid Render Engine trying to take the best of the default and pathtrace engine in one.
  1. Flamingo RT preview window shows a quick rendering of the current model.

Hi Scott,

sounds good.

I can’t activate it, the license is missing.

Have you sent one? I haven’t got something by e-mail.

Cheers

Michael
www.flexiCAD.com

We just update the download. Please try again. You should get a key in your email once you start a download.

Thank you for letting us know,

Hi Scott,

now it works.

Thanks

Michael
www.flexiCAD.com

Hi Scott
Downloaded the new Flamingo NXT 5.0 the other day and had a bit of a play with it.
I note some odd behaviour / bugs that I have outlined for you to assist in its development.
Have a look and get back to me with your thoughts.
Click here to view https://youtu.be/M0CI7tJWcrM

Hi scottd,
the link that I received by e-mail with which to download the beta of flamingo nxt 5 does not work, I can do?

This link opens a page with me this written " AccessDeniedAccess Denied8097E556D6FC149C500927M3LkCoTnqOM4LyrayCbDtIJq226l3K9MAO4BMNIVKgHzFqFuZ3/YrvJPefgwZOrr9ZY8E= "

Thanks for the heads up. WE got that fixed. We had to change the rights and mime encoding around. Please try to download again.

Hi Scott,

Does the NXT 5 beta include support for the render farm? Render Farm has been working really well for me on a large project lately. I’m not jumping mid project just wondering for the future.

Thanks,
Robb

Yes, It should do fine with the Farm.