Zebra analysis

(ultimate wip)
Why does the zebra vision appear faded (blurry color), even though it has black stripes set? (view shaded mode).

extend srf incorrect.3dm (133.3 KB)

what version are you using? help>about rhino

Ultimate wip Rhino 6

right, but which version…date codes and such…

Also, what display mode is your viewport in?
Have you diddled any of the display mode settings?

Shaded mode. Rhino 6 wip (19/09/2017)
Ombreggiata.ini (12.5 KB)

try resetting your view mode to defaults and see if it improves.

With the default values, all right.
I added an Emap to shaded view, and maybe that’s the problem. But the developer should confirm it …

If I add an Emap I have problems even in the clipping plane, option ‘solid color’, is not set and displayed correctly … this problem I posted and Pascal checked.

Right. False color analysis tools like Zebra are superimposed over the current display. I think the effect you’re seeing is expected.
Try Wireframe or Shaded and I think you’ll get a cleaner display.

Any better?

Problems arise when I do not select the “Use Object Color Display” box in custom material: when changing the default color, problems arise, even with the solid color of the clipping panel. I think it’s a defect, not a choice.

when changing the various parameters, example, reflectivity, gloss… does not update in real time the thumbnail preview of the ball image).
It works fine only with default values: changing the object’s color display no longer works (clipping plan included).

For example, I set a red color for the object.
I set a solid gray color for the clipping plane, and this is not gray, but red. In my opinion it is a defect!

With default values works well, as you can see:

I would control all that part of the settings in the “material customization” panel, but it does not work very well.

Sorry, that was intended as an internal communication to find out who should take a look at this.
I’ll delete the post.

These are anomalies to be solved, can not be dragged from version to version, until final release (not known when).

I suspect if you used SetObjectDisplayMode to override the current view display mode on the specific object that was being affected by the image, this might override the bothersome effect.
It’s worth trying.