OK, moderately irate here…
So, I am in the process of cleaning up and updating a toolbar with special tools (scripts, macros, etc.) that people use here. So, I did the following:
- Exported the original toolbar out of someone’s original .rui file, imported it as a new .rui into my Rhino.
- Spent several days cleaning up and modifying the new toolbar, changing the scripts/macros as well as the text names on the buttons, some of which were in English, some in French, etc. – all now in French.
- When done with all the mods, copied the saved finalized .rui file to our server
- On my colleague’s computer, copied the .rui file off the server to his 5.0/UI folder
- Opened the .rui file in the colleague’s Rhino.
What I see is that the toolbar is not the same as the one on my own computer.
SOME (but not all) of the buttons have the original titles (i.e. some in English, or the original name in French) ! The content (macros, script paths) inside the buttons all seem to be the new, correct ones.
Now, what is probably going on here is that the toolbar buttons in the new .rui have the same GUID or something as the old ones - which don’t even exist anymore! - and somewhere in the registry there is a duplicate entry or something, and Rhino is reading the first one it finds. But that’s just plain stupid. I even tried opening the .rui in V6, and saving it out from there under a different name, but the same thing happens!
So, WTF do I have to nuke in the registry or elsewhere to get Rhino to accept the last-saved names and forget the old ones???