Workflow Pipeline Archviz

We currently go from rhino to 3ds to render. Staying in rhino would be better. I was wondering what other people’s archviz workflows might be- especially if they deicde to stay in rhino.

What do they use for scattering? For tiling multi-textures etc…

Use rhinogrow and/or rhinolands (with custom octane sss materials on foliage) when I scatter for rendering in rhino…

Also use rhino.io to goto c4d occasionally.

1 Like

Thanks, we use 3ds but maybe something similar exists

Using Thea, I skatter in Sketchup and import all (grass) proxy objects as one bounding box into Rhino. It’s a bit tedious, but I still like it better than skattering in Rhino at all.

Interesting, thanks for the tip.

Hi Prehab,

I’m new to the forum and Rhino but have been using c4d for years. I’m looking for a way to get cleaner models from my ID team (Solidworks/STEP files) into c4d to use for animations and Octane render. Can you please elaborate on the Rhino.io and how well it works? Does it produce a clean model? Is it quad polygons or still highly triangulated? Any thoughts on how useful Rhino.io is appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul

I’ve found it to be pretty good, but its only a tiny orphaned part of my workflow, early in the workflow without much accuracy required. not sure I’ve used it enough to qualify as an expert.

I model architectural projects for (mainly) one client using grasshopper and/or visualarq etc. They’re generally pretty simple, coarse detail buildings and at the most basic fitout(internal partitions).
There’s very rarely any fine detailed stuff like furniture, joinery, etc. All that stuff is done via placeholders which I replace with proxies in C4D.
So then its Rhino-> C4D via Rhino.io only for animations/effects (using Octane4C4D and standard kit of parts(proxies) for all the fitout stuff and a very very simple library of materials that I use for this particular client).

Documentation is then done in Revit using the Rhino model via IFC, though I think I could probably do all of the docs in Rhino/VisualARQ; but unfortunately the rest of the (external) project delivery team work with AutoCAD/Revit & contract is written to include DWG/RVT deliverables.

All the fine detail stuff I built for octane using Substance, Blender, Quixel, OctaneSE, etc. I could start in Revit and use these same proxies but I wouldn’t get a very easy path to C4D for animations.

Its ‘only’ $99euros, and I’m pretty sure they can give you a trial?
Maybe just give it a crack and see if it fits your (seemingly more complex) requirements…?

Hi, Prehab,
Thanks very much for the quick reply and for the info.

Much appreciated!
-Paul