[Wish] Window select on untrim

Hi McNellies
Would it be possible to implement window selection when untrimming? Imagine having a surface with 200 holes in it and needing to untrim maybe 164 of them. You either select them manually or untrim the whole thing (keeping the trim objects), delete the holes needed and re-trim. It would be great to be able to just do cross window selection instead (combined with normal select/unselect behaviour).
TIA, Jakob

Hi Jakob,

In case you missed it there are the commands
UntrimAll
UntrimBorder
UntrimHoles

I agree though that window selecting trimcurves would not be a good feature.

-Willem

Hi Willem

Thanks, but yes, I know about the other untrim commands and I guess you could even script what I’m looking for (using the trim objects and having Rhino automagically re-trim the curves you don’t delete). It just seems like a simple thing to implement, that should have been there from the beginning. But again, what seems simple to implement to a non-programmer, is often not that simple :smile:

BR, Jakob

Hi Normand- thanks, added as a request for v6.

http://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-21139
(These are not available to the public, yet)

I clicked the little heart-thingy in order to indicate that I liked the fact that you put it on the request-list, Pascal. Doing so also put me in touch with my teen/femine side for a brief second and I giggled a little. I kinda like the little heart-thingy…

Heh heh - I have not clicked the heart thingie yet… -Pascal

Pascal

Did this ever get implemented? Seems like a really good idea (was about to post a similar request). Does not seem to be in V7, request link is dead.

1 Like