Wish: Assign hatch patterns to Clipping Plane Fills

unhandled

If an object is cut by a clipping plane the fill of the clipping plane could be a hatch defined by layer / object etc.

Would improve the workflow a lot especially when there’s vector printing involved.
Thanks!

(Nathan 'jesterKing' Letwory) #2

Until such day you could create materials that look like your hatches, assign them to your clipping planes and make a display mode that has the fills use the material of the corresponding clipping plane.

Nice workaround, but it’s not vector.

(Nathan 'jesterKing' Letwory) #4

True, originally you said raster (:

:slight_smile: I got confused

I’ve tried this many times in RH6. Is it possible or does it not work? Would really help me today on job.
thx

(Nathan 'jesterKing' Letwory) #7

Materials should work, at least for modes like Rendered. You’ll have to tweak the display mode settings for clipping plane fills, though.

I can not get it to work. I have a copy of Pen mode - ive tried Fill as Solid Color, as Clip planes material, as clip planes render.

I have not tried “Render” mode as this is not helpful in my deawings. I aant to use clip planes, save as Named iews and then use those views on Layout sheet for elevation views.

Appreciate your help on this. I will upload a file in a couple mins when Im back at my desk, and I’ll keep an eye outfir your reply.

Thanks

(Nathan 'jesterKing' Letwory) #9

I don’t know if this works in technical modes. @pascal?

(Pascal Golay) #10

Hi Alan, Nathan - as far as I can see in technical based modes you do not get to set how clipping plane fills show. It does work on say, Shaded:

-Pascal

I can’t get it to work. Please see attached file - I have a “Copy of Shaded” display, if it shows up for you.

Also, my Layout sheet is inssssaaaaneeellllyyyy slow (unworkable) when I have 4 viewports showing different clipped perspective views of my two-room set (basic walls, mouldings, etc) set to shaded mode, or pen mode. Separate issue, but again, I can’t even use this method if I can’t work on my layout page.

Thanks so much

Clipping_Wont Work.3dm (4.7 MB)

(Pascal Golay) #12

Hi Alan - that works here

Kind of an odd repeat, but it does show.

-Pascal

Ok, so (not to my surprise) I have a problem. Is there someone I can actually get on the phone with about my Rhino 6? I seem to have a lot of probs that are either coming from my software, or my hardware.

I’m going to bring my other computer in here and see if I have the same problems.

Rhino support is at (206) 545-6877. Their contact list can be found here https://www.mcneel.com/contact

Thanks - good to have.

And the culprit is Vray. I uninstalled plugin, and it works in Shaded view now.

Any idea who i can bounce this to, so it can be dealt with?