Will Rhinogold work with Rhino 7?

Do you know if the latest version of rhinogold will work with Rhino 7? I’m considering upgrade Rhino, but I don’t want to stop using rhinogold.

You could download the evaluation version of Rhino 7 and try it. No need to remove previous versions of Rhino to do so.

You can continue to use previous versions of Rhino that you have valid licenses for after upgrading to Rhino 7. If you have Rhino 6 and upgrade to Rhino 7 you can use both at the same time on the same computer. If you have Rhino 5 and upgrade to Rhino 7 you can use both at the same time on the same computer.

Also models in Rhino 7 can be saved in previous Rhino version formats so that previous versions can open the files.

1 Like

Hi David thank you.
so we can use new functions in subD in rhino7, save as a rhino 6 file, then reopen that saved file in Rhino gold, correct ? or can rhinogold be launched in the Gate App with Rhino 7 ? if not, why not ? Also wondering if I should purchase the upgrade, subD functions looking great. Please kindly clarify how to best use with Rhinogold.

I think you probably need to consult the makers of RhinoGold.

Yes,it’s possible, for example, to save a file as Rhino 6 .3d in Rhino 7.That’s great.
I also have RhinoGold and would like to keep working with it, but doesn’t work in Rhino7 yet.
So you could open your file (Rhino6 3d) in RhinoGold 6 too.
So far I’ll tried to open a SubD (Rhino7) in Clayoo, that should actually work, right ?
But it doesn’t work there, why ?:face_with_raised_eyebrow: