Welcome to the McNeel Forums!
We (the McNeel developers and support team) are glad you’re here. We welcome simple or complex questions, from new or veteran users, about all our products.
- Log in! This web site will keep track of what you have read and what is new - whether you read from your phone, your computer, or your tablet - but it can only do that if you log in.
- Search - in the upper-right corner, search to see if a discussion has already covered the topic you want to know about.
- Create an avatar on Gravatar - it will show up on this site.
Posting and Replying
- Format your text using Markdown. Use the buttons above, or read the basics, then perhaps about the full syntax.
- Select text in a previous reply, then click Quote Reply - especially if it might be unclear what you’re replying to.
@and then a user’s name - it will send them an email notifying them that you mentioned them in the topic. This is a simple, effective way to bring others into the conversation.
Attaching Files to Posts
- Click the Image icon in the toolbar.
- When the upload window the “Drag files here” appears, drag your 3dm file onto the window.
About this discussion forum
This forum uses Discourse, a brand-new discussion engine brought to you by the Discourse Team. It is still in very active development, with new features and improvements coming all the time. We love it so far, and are excited to see where it ends up. If you’re interested in discussing how Discourse could be improved, please create a topic under the Meta category.