Was going for carabiners but got bored modelling

Two-and-a-half hours flat for a 1000 samples per pixel image at ~4500x2500 pixels. Not too bad at all I would have thought. Bit of a shame there is still some noise left in the blurry parts of the image, I always thought it ironic that depth-of-field and glossy reflections take longer to come up with a less detailed image, but there you go…

(click to embiggen)

3 Likes

Pebbles look good because I used the Displacement feature. I’m pretty chuffed that these images are now possible in vanilla Rhino…

13 Likes

David, this looks wonderful. I see it took just under 9 minutes. If you don’t mind me asking, what hardware did you render this on?

This was rendered using the CPU on my iMac (8 core intel ~4 GHz or thereabouts).

This looks incredibly realistic, thought pebbles were background image, well done.

I used this texture, and the blurred version was used for the displacement map.

3 Likes

Really nice!
Now please release Rhino Render from it’s duty and let Cycles as standalone take it’s place.
(please)

1 Like

Not until Cycles can completely render any image in less than 0.3 seconds, please. OK: 0.5 if you insist. This probably won’t happen for at least 2 more generations of GPU development and some major speedup refinement by Nathan, et al.

Edit: I re-read what you said and realized you were talking about stand-alone. I thought you meant display modes.

1 Like

That’s the mark of an intelligent person! Cudos to you!

Not Cudas? :wink:

1 Like

:smiley:

Yeah, you can tell where my expectations are from my first impression of what you wrote! :smile: