Wall ByCurve - Level Constraints

Hi
I have a wish and an issue for Wall ByCurve component, more specifically it concerns the top constraints for the walls that I’m trying to make.

Wish:
Right now you can only specify the Base Constraints (Level) and a Height. Being able to also specify the top attachment as a “Top Constraint” or “Top Level” input would be nice.

I made it work by using the ParameterSet component to change the top constraints parameter for the generated walls, but I still think would preferable to integrate it.

The issue:
Another thing that I want to adjust with ParameterSet is the Top Offset value which is BTW set to a default value of -75 (should be 0?). The problem occurs when I change the value to anything but 0, like -200 mm (slab thickness) the walls get 300 meters tall or something random :slight_smile:
It seems to only work with the zero value.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Best Regards
Bjarke

1 Like

Hey @b.kochoervad
Thanks for the input and feedback. I have filed an issue to make this change into the code:

As for the Top Offset value, Revit API works with imperial units internally so it translates -200 into -200 feet. I filed an issue to correct this behavious in GH interface as well so you can work withing the model units:

I tested the same workflow on imperial model with no issue

Thanks a lot
I did think it was a unit thing but good to get it clarified.

1 Like