Wait until rendering is finished

Hello,

I am trying to render an animation using vray 3.4 public release, but it always stops after the first frame.
There is a “Wait until rendering is finished” message. Then the whole animation stops rendering at frame 1.
In Vray 2.0 the issue was solved by using a “batch render” checkbox. In the new version is not there
Is there a way to avoid this?

Thanks

Run a command from the C#
(Andrew Heumann) #2

Vray 3.4 still has a “Batch render” toggle in the options…

@andheum @fernandosorianello We removed the batch render option in V-Ray 3 for Rhino, We auto detect if you are in an animation command, and wait until render is finished if needed. There is a bug in this code,

Until we fix this bug, run the below code in the command prompt before recording a bongo animation.

Preformatted text !-_RunScript ( Option Explicit Dim VRay Set VRay = Rhino.GetPluginObject("V-Ray for Rhino") VRay.SetBatchRenderOn True )

Can Bongo save animation frames from Vray Channels?
(Andrew Heumann) #5

I stand corrected! Seems like a mistake to me though - animations are hardly the only scenario in which “batch render” was necessary in the old vray. GH vray automation requires it, for instance. I will rely on the script to enable it for now but seems like it would be best to bring it back.

Yes, seems like it was useful for other scenarios, too:

Hi Matt,

is there a list of Vray related commands that can be access by scripts?

It worked, thanks for the quick reply @matt_newberg

Not currently, is there something you are looking to script? Almost everything is accessible by the scripting, and I can add support for anything else you would like to change.

My hope was that all hidden expert options are available per scripting, so that any lost option of VfR2 could be used, for example I have a project where I miss the GI post processing saturation. At my current VfR2 setup I get a perfect look per 0.3 and I would like to use it at VfR3.
Or I could enable detail enhancement. (OK, I’m not sure how well it works with the new approach of Vray, I need to test it).

Buf if not all options are still available than I would prefer to work with the Vray “ini” file. An other idea - at VfR it was possible to import a visopt file that contain some options only. Could it work at VfR3 too? Could I import a file that contain the setup of the GI post processing saturation only?

@matt_newberg Its seems it`s working!!
Thank you, I was searching for it for 5 month

How do i enter that in the command options? never put a script in before, do i copy and paste or do i write the whole of the scrip without spacing?

@simin_louei

The @matt_newberg account is no longer active:

You might want to try this:
https://wiki.mcneel.com/rhino/macroscriptsetup