Vray materials

Hello I am using VisualARQ 1.7 and i am not being able to put vray materials to the visualarq objects. I select the window for exemple, and set the material to glass, but still the material of the visualarq model, which is none.

Could some one help me, with even a tutorial about how to render with vray a visualarq model. Also, I don’t know why the background turns to grey and looks like a photografic filter. Please need help.

thanks guys.

Hi @Leonardo_G_Pate,

Can you please attach a sample file or send it to me to enric@asuni.com so I can test it here on my computer?

Thanks!

Hi,
Was there a resolution to this issue? I am unable to place Vray materials to the visual ARQ objects also. Please let me know.

Thanks!

i just exploded everything and apllied the materials, normally

Hi @Leonardo_G_Pate, you shouldn’t need to explode VisualARQ objects if you want to assign V-Ray materials on them.

If you are using VisualARQ 1.7, I recommend you to download the current version available (1.9.4), which should work fine with this issue. Try it out and let me know if the problem persists.
Kind regards,

fsalla, since you seem to be a visualarq worker I would like to give you my humble opinion so maybe it could have this simple features in a near future.

Possibility to add holes in walls.
Possibility to make flexible windows (curved windows)
maybe has a uupdated forum where people could upload libraries
somehow, sometimes, when you are doing rails in a difficult region, curved and etc… it usually miss some details and also, it crashes rhino a lot while doing this.

Hope this comment can help and make you guys go further, the plugin is awesome. Thanks a lot!

Hi @Leonardo_G_Pate Thanks for your comments.

1. You can add holes in walls using the vaOpening command or doing a boolean difference with the vaWallSubtractSolids command. You can also use the MakeHole command.
  2. Ok, I take note of this request for future VisualARQ versions. You can eventually use the Curtain Wall object instead, which can have curved panels: http://www.visualarq.com/support/tips/11769/
  3. Good idea!
  4. Try this with the latest VisualARQ version. If you experience some crash again or get a wrong railing geometry, please report it to visualarq@asuni.com and we will take a closer look at it.

Kind regards!

Hi, still wonder how could I make a non 90° vertical wall, and also, how could I be able to use visual arq features in a rhino model like this one.

Visualarq has any kind of guide, or handbook? I am kind of oldschool and this would help me a lot to go further in this magnific tool.

Hi,
The “vaWallFromSolid” command lets you turn any Rhino geometry (closed solids) into VisualARQ walls. Take a look at this tip: http://www.visualarq.com/support/tips/6596/
But I don’t think it is worth it in this case. You can just work with Rhino geometry and it will appear in plans and section views when you need to generate the 2D documentation.
If you need to check any VisualARQ command, you can use the VisualARQ’s Help guide, available in Rhino pull-down Menu > VisualARQ > Help > View Help…
Also there is a step-by-step video tutorial at the website: http://www.visualarq.com/support/video-tutorial/
Cheers,

hello,

you guys have any documentation simbol, or anyway to add architectural simbolism via visualarq??

Hi Leonardo, we have some plans to include a library of symbols in future VisualARQ versions. But do you have any examples of the symbols you wish VisualARQ could provide?
Thanks,

yes, symbols such as level indicator in plan view, main acess, north indicator, projection line, could also add a lineweight scheme so it could import to pdf with proper lineweight also sometimes the connections between many walls together is shaky.
Maybe visualarq could even have a 2d/3d block library perhaps you guys could expand to this area and other architectural presentation need. ’ - haha thanks captain obvious ’ i know it may sound silly, but a block library can illustrate better plan and section views, and maybe this can be a rhino problem, but is very difficult to find rhino blocks on the internet. Rhino is expanding pretty agressive into the architectural area, if it could just have the bim plugin (visualarq) as complet as others such archicad or revit you would detain this much needed feature.
Visualarq is already a good, simple (in a nice way) and easy to use tool, with somethings to still work upon but very few (stairs landings and ability to model the steps and the stairs in general) use rhino to really flex those things such stairs, railing (rails could have in their posts edition options a button so the post could extend to a boundary, it would be good when i need to put rails on stairs)… if the program could be able to model in the edition part of it using rhino tools, instead of only predefined options. As if I just could model the beam/stairs/rails how I wanted and in a part that I wanted, that would be amazing. Imagine if I could even generate details of the objects modelled with this tool? It would be incredible.

Sorry for long text but I liked this plug in so much, that i need to give opinions where it could make it better. I know somethings can be very difficult to program, but this is just a friendly opinion from a person who wants to see this program grow even more!

cheers

Leonardo, thank you for your interesting feedback. Just to say that the next VisualARQ 2.0 version will include a “User Element” that could be used for this 2D symbols and 2D/3D objects library. It will work like door, window and column styles, which have the option to assign a 3D block and a 2D block for their 3D an Plan View representation respectively. Here you have a screenshot for the first time of this feature:

Regarding your requests about stairs, maybe this Tip can be helpful: http://www.visualarq.com/support/tips/5465/
But it is true that the options to edit the steps are limited, so hopefully we will improve that in future versions.

Let me know about your requests on railings. Do you have an example of the railing you want to create?

We try to develop VisualARQ in that direction. In some cases, since VisualARQ objects are blocks, there are some Rhino commands that don’t work on them, in the same way they don’t work on blocks. For that reason VisualARQ needs its own commands. Such is the case when doing boolean union or differences. VisualARQ has the vaWallAddSolids and vaWallSubtractSolids to do boolean operations between Walls and Rhino solids. In the next 2.0 version this option will be available on any VisualARQ object. (see this video: https://youtu.be/-4ZK6GDq4Fk)
But if there is some specific command or operation you wish to apply on a VisualARQ object, please let me know!
Kind regards,

1 Like

Just would like to back up these ideas.

I’m having some problems trying to assign vray materials to my VA objects.

I’m trying to do the following path: VA Beam styles > Rectangular > Attributes > Material > Other. After this I can’t select Browse Vray Material or Create Vray material.

Thanks

Hi Mateus, you can’t assign any V-Ray material because there might be no VRay materials in the document. You need to create the materials beforehand in order to assign them to VisualARQ object styles in the Select Material dialog.
Best,

I totally agree. Users forum for sharing libraries could be very fine.

P

Hi Leonardo,
I get back to this post in order to mention that we have added a new section in food4Rhino where people can upload object styles and share object libraries: https://bit.ly/2UdSDGm (See the blog post about it: https://blog.visualarq.com/2018/12/11/new-library-visualarq-objects-food4rhino/)