Visual Arq - window with three rows of windows

Hello,

I would like to create a window like in the image. Can it be done in Visual Arq? I tried built-in generator as well as “from curve” option but with no success.

I’m having trouble deciphering the window. The image is really grainy.

Using a Grasshopper definition and making it into a VisualARQ style (you’ll need to watch a few of their videos and/or read a tutorial or two… and be able to use Grasshopper), you can create virtually any window you want. I myself might even be able to make this in the next couple of weeks (probably too late for you though, and my window might be ever-so-slightly glitchy as I’m not the greatest at Grasshopper).

Hi @s.urbanski,

You can create this window in two different ways:

@s.urbanski Alternatively, you can use the 2x2 window available here (Casement window with handles set | Food4Rhino) (it’s a window made as a Grasshopper style), and just place another window on top of it, with the same width for the upper leaves. You can just group the windows so they are selected and moved together.

1 Like

One thing I should mention, and I’m sure OP is aware of this, but I’ll mention anyways because I’ve let it get the better of me more times than not: If you’re making only one window like this, or only a few of them, it’s almost certainly better just to model it/them as a one-off… Rhino’s native tools, mainly the Gumball, almost makes every Rhino object behave as a dynamic block. You can use the X/Y stretches to change the width and height of the window. I caught on to this and made a VARQ style that’s just a window case. And I would just manually model the window that goes inside it, instead of creating the entire window via a VARQ style / Window definition.

1 Like

# - Window Test 2023-04-26.3dm (2.0 MB)
kCs-Window-BaseDefinition.gh (25.0 KB)

I tried it out as this is basically how I intend to do most my windows (with some exceptions, I’ve made one more complete style). Basically, the GH definition / VARQ style cuts the wall opening. Then you just draw your window in the opening. It takes literally seconds to manipulate the Rhino geometry.

It dawned on me when trying to make a door complete with panels, the door knob, dead bolt… etc… and realizing I’ll probably actually only have like 3 doors like it… it takes hours to make a Grasshopper definition but literally minutes to model even a moderately complex window/door.

1 Like

Francesc, maybe it’s opposite in Europe/Spain, but the lines indicating which side is hinge/opening are opposite?

Maybe I’m just nit-picking because I’m jealous you were able to incorporate the handles. My GH skills aren’t quite there yet :wink:

Hi @keithscadservices I already included a parameter in those styles to indicate how the opening lines go:

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi @fsalla

I’m interesting to get the grasshopper script of this windows style. Is it possible ?

Thank you

Hi @tikito, here you are!
Casement Double with Handle.gh (69.3 KB)

1 Like

Thanks a lot !! :smiley: