ViewCaptureToFile in Arctic mode at large scale only in greyscale

Using ViewCaptureToFile in Arctic mode at large scale (Scale setting = 2) results in a greyscale image. Using Scale setting = 1 outputs an color image.

Used Rhino version: R6 SR3 RC2

BTW: Thanks for fixing ViewCaptureToFile of ZBuffer with scales >1! No more tiling artifacts!

(Pascal Golay) #2

Hello - thanks, I’ll check this.
Hm - I see this, thanks - apparently there is a viewport size threshold - I can make the vp smaller and at some point even at scale = 2, where the color survives.

Hey Pascal, thanks for your answer. Would changing the viewport size threshold to scale = 2 result in a max size of the color picture of 3840 x 2160 pixels on a full HD screen? Sometimes I need more than 4K resolution for sharper screenshots (ViewCaptureToFile) with thin colored edges/curves in Arctic mode as replacement for renderings.

(Pascal Golay) #6

Hi David - I don’t know if there is a useful workaround for this command until the bug is fixed - I just noticed that a 2x capture works in color up to a certain pixel size of the viewport - above that, the color drops out.
In the meantime, you might try the Print command and set the print destination to Image file.

Hey Pascal,

yay, “print to file” did the job, although it took way longer than ViewCapture. Thanks for your help.

(Pascal Golay) #8

Hi David - you may want to lower the dpi setting in the Print dialog.