Very slow "UNDO"

First using “UNDO” after open Rhino 7 or after longer work without using this command is very slow…
Looks like commant need time to “recuperate”…

2 Likes

Noticed this issue also on Mac. Version 7.2.21012.11002, but experienced it on previous ones as well. Pressing Undo for simple commands takes minutes to compute.

Same problem for me…

Any information about this?

Another report here :point_down:

Here, as well. @pascal any thoughts? Here’s my info:

Rhino 7 SR2 2021-1-21 (Rhino 7, 7.2.21021.07001, Git hash:master @ 96ff97351fbdf5d2acdeaf781aea1577f2ff60f7)
License type: Commercial, build 2021-01-21
License details: Cloud Zoo

Windows 10.0.19041 SR0.0 or greater (Physical RAM: 32Gb)

Computer platform: DESKTOP

Standard graphics configuration.
Primary display and OpenGL: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 (NVidia) Memory: 8GB, Driver date: 12-11-2020 (M-D-Y). OpenGL Ver: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 460.89
> Accelerated graphics device with 4 adapter port(s)
- Secondary monitor attached to adapter port #0
- Windows Main Display attached to adapter port #1

Secondary graphics devices.
Intel® UHD Graphics 630 (Intel) Memory: 1GB, Driver date: 1-22-2020 (M-D-Y).
> Integrated graphics device with 3 adapter port(s)
- There are no monitors attached to this device!

OpenGL Settings
Safe mode: Off
Use accelerated hardware modes: On
Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On

Anti-alias mode: 4x
Mip Map Filtering: Linear
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: High

Vendor Name: NVIDIA Corporation
Render version: 4.6
Shading Language: 4.60 NVIDIA
Driver Date: 12-11-2020
Driver Version: 27.21.14.6089
Maximum Texture size: 32768 x 32768
Z-Buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum Viewport size: 32768 x 32768
Total Video Memory: 8 GB

Rhino plugins that do not ship with Rhino
C:\ProgramData\McNeel\Rhinoceros\7.0\Plug-ins\Twinmotion Direct Link 2020.2 (e24ee14a-9514-47da-8fe6-f6e61b20160e)\Twinmotion Direct Link 2020.rhp “Twinmotion Direct Link 2020” 1.0.6.0
C:\Users\alanf\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\packages\7.0\IntelDenoiser\0.6.0\IntelDenoiser.Windows.rhp “IntelDenoiser.Windows” 0.1.0.0

Rhino plugins that ship with Rhino
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\SolidTools.rhp “SolidTools”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Commands.rhp “Commands” 7.2.21021.7001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\rdk.rhp “Renderer Development Kit”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RhinoScript.rhp “RhinoScript”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RPC.rhp “RPC”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\AnimationTools.rhp “AnimationTools”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RhinoRenderCycles.rhp “Rhino Render” 7.2.21021.7001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RhinoRender.rhp “Legacy Rhino Render”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\rdk_etoui.rhp “RDK_EtoUI” 7.2.21021.7001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\rdk_ui.rhp “Renderer Development Kit UI”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\NamedSnapshots.rhp “Snapshots”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RhinoCycles.rhp “RhinoCycles” 7.2.21021.7001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Toolbars\Toolbars.rhp “Toolbars” 7.2.21021.7001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\3dxrhino.rhp “3Dconnexion 3D Mouse”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Displacement.rhp “Displacement”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\NamedPositions.rhp “Named Position”

Hi all - we know about and can reproduce a lag in Undo that appears the very first time it is used in a session - I take it what you-all are seeing is more persistent than that, is that correct?

-Pascal

@pascal That’s correct on my end, at least.

Let mem know if this should go in a diff thread, but I’m also experiencing weirdness when in a Layout. If I double-click inside a Perspective Detail, it reshapes my layout screen as if it’s one of my viewports. And sometimes just jumps straight back to my modeling viewports.

BTW - Love the masked version of your robot!

Hi Alan- what you describe smells a bit like plug-in to me - I would disable twinMotion in Options > Plug ins page and restart Rhino and see if there is any change.

-Pascal

Thanks, @pascal - sorry to do this here, byu since you’re looking here - What’s the NATIVE camera type in Rhino 7? 35mm SLR? Is it close to accurate? Have PD awaiting info and I’m trying to figure this out

Sounds about right. Not sure about this occurring the first time undo command is used in a session. Usually I have to force quit Rhino and I never get to the second time.

Hey @pascal disabled TM, and now when I try to click back and forth from modeling to layout, it will only sometimes go to the modeling view I choose, but if I double click to bring up all 4 views, it goes right back to Layout

Wow, I have never heard of this behavior… by click back and forth, you mean you are clicking from one viewport tab to another, correct? Are the viewports in a ‘Combined’ model tab by any chance?

-Pascal

I’ve also noticed undo is very slow in v7, compared to v6, which seemed instantaneous. I’ve been caught out a few times doing it twice thinking the first undo hasn’t registered.

I thought perhaps my aged computer was to blame but it seems others are having the same issue.

It’s a persistent problem, doesn’t just happen for the first undo of a session.

New SRP and nothing has changed…

Any word on this? It makes v7 unusable.

It looks like it is the RDK. Disable that and undo is normal. Creating materials also has a lot of lag, which is what led me to disabling the RDK as a check.

Sam

All models? Or just on specific models…does it happen if you draw and move a box…and then undo?

By me - all models. E.g. manipulate with ctrl points…

I can confirm the same problem persists. It happens after some time working on a model. If I draw a box in a new file, move it and undo it, all works fine. But just now, I spent 30 minutes working on a drawing, accidentally moved a surface with an image texture, undid that, and it got stuck.

I am running Version 7 (7.4.21078.01002, 2021-03-19).