Version 6 or 7 files in / on iRhino (iPad, iPhone?)

in the iRhino features it says: open any file version 1 to version 6…

HOWEVER, when I try to open a file (version 6) - iRhino on the iPad (with latest iOS) - tells me: iRhino 3D does not support Rhino 6.0 files. - and gives me no other option except to close the alert box?

help?

1 Like

I have the same problem since I am using Rhino 7

(I hate giving this answer) You’ll have to save these Rhino 7 3dm as Rhino 6 3dm until we’ve updated iRhino 3D to support Rhino 7 files (if we ever actually do get around to this).

Ok I can do that?!

| Dan McNeel
December 30 |

• | - |

(I hate giving this answer) You’ll have to save these Rhino 7 3dm as Rhino 6 3dm until we’ve updated iRhino 3D to support Rhino 7 files (if we ever actually do get around to this).

Sure, from Rhino, you can Export to older versions of Rhino 3dm…

Then select the version of Rhino you’d like to use. Rhino 6 3dm ought to work. But, since iRhino 3D has been extremely neglected (my fault!) your mileage may vary.

dan have you been lazy for over a year now? :laughing:

i’m running into the same problem with rhino 3d on the iPhone.

I’ve been lazy for well over a year, I’m afraid. We are not currently working on iRhino 3D.

Hi, thanks for reading this! The proposed work around (@dan proposed in Dec '20; i.e. save as 6 3dm) does not work from my rhino 7 (for mac) model. I tried exporting to many different release versions (6, 5, 4, 3) and also deselecting ‘saving textures and/or plugin data’ but unfortunately iRhino viewer on ipad -after downloading the model- hangs on ‘Initializing Model’.
Is there really no solution to this?

Hi, I have the same issue…
Are there any alternative iPad viewer for 3dm files?

Our new iRhino app will read all Rhino versions. Please try it out.