Rhino files will not initialize on the iPad app

Hello

I can’t get files to initialize on the Rhino iPad app. I’ve tried different versions 3-7, different iPads but can’t get them to initialize. I can upload files no problem. I can view the provided models when I download the app but can’t get my files to open.

I’m using Rhino 7 on a PC.

Hi -
You might want to take a look at rview as an alternative to view Rhino models outside of Rhino.
-wim

Just saw this.
Does that mean that iRhino is being abandoned?

Not officially no.
That said, there have been other higher development priorities so it has been on the “back burner” for some time.

I didn’t know it was broken and I advised our customers to use it. Now they are complaining that they wasted their time and effort trying to make it work. I also wasted some time trying to figure out why it tells me that it can not open Rhino 6 files when I tried to open a Rhino 7 file.
Either you should fix it or remove it from the App Store to eliminate the confusion.

I figured out that iRhono 3D actually works but not with Rhino 7 files, in which case it says that it can not open Rhino 6 files. So as long as you save your file as Rhino 6 you can preview it there.
So in the meantime it would do if this message was changed to ‘can not open Rhino 7 files’.