vaSpace wishes

Hello!
Quick question: is it possible to see the color of a vaSpace also in the elevation? In other words, can the volume of a space be shaded/rendered in some color, or is it always just a wireframe?
Thanks!

Hi Eugen,
That’s not possible. Spaces only show the hatch on the XY plane. I add your vote for this feature.

Thank you!
I slapped together a quick grasshopper script that creates an extrusion from spaces.
However, I can’t figure how to extract the vaSpace attribute hatch color. Is it possible?
Thank you very much!

vaSpace to Brep.gh (7.3 KB)

Hi Eugen,
There are no components to retrieve (or assign) attributes from/to VisualARQ objects in GH, unfortunately. Hopefully we can work on that in the future.

Allright, thanks!

Something else: are vaSpaces aware on which level they sit? Can’t find that parameter in the Table style wizard.
Thank you!

Edit: I created a parameter ‘level’ for that. However, the the type ‘integer’ does not support negative numbers (converted to a high positive number), and the type ‘number’ displays useless digits.
Using ‘number’ at the moment…

Hi Eugen, nice workaround! You can also use Grasshopper to retrieve the level where a vaSpace is located.

1 Like

Hello!
Also not in GH Python? Or maybe even GH C#?
Because that’s kind of the ‘roadblock’ when trying to auto-convert vaSpaces to extrusions.
Another problem is, which cost me a lot of time: those extrusions would need to be closed (have caps) to get hatches by section attributes (given they would work), and then the z-fighting problems in floor plans start, because the cap surfaces sit exactly on the slabs.
I will try something with vertical hatches…

1 Like

Hi Eugen,

Unfortunately not.

Do you also get the z-fighting if you use the Hidden display mode? If you put the volumes of the “extruded spaces” in a different layer than the spaces, you can turn them on/off by Detail view in the page layout.