Space/Room tag rotateable?

Hello!
Is it correct that those tag-boxes of Spaces cannot be rotated?
I’d like to have them aligned to my CPlane, and thus my prints.
Thanks!
Best regards
Eugen

1 Like

Hi @Eugen that’s correct. We have that request in our wishlist so we will allow rotating space labels in future VisualARQ versions. I’ll keep you posted.

Allright, thank you!

Hi again,
is this a difficult thing to fix? I will need it in the course of the next few weeks.
Do you think you can fit it into your next update already?
Just asking… =)
Thanks a lot!
Best regards
Eugen

… and some small workflow idea for editing Spaces:
They always consist of a closed contour curve shape and a height. For now, this contour can only be changed by updating the Space or by ‘Set Contour’.
It would be nice if that shape (and height) would be editable after creation of the Space, with the usual point handles - spares creating and keeping a contour curve.

Just had the case that I replaced a wall with a curtain wall, which is not recognized by Spaces.
Thanks!

… and another one for the wishlist:
Spaces should also respect Curtain Walls (Just got the case where interior walls meet a curtain wall facade, and Space is not working anymore).
Thanks!

Hi @Eugen,

I don’t think this fix will be included in the next version 2.1, as we’re currently focused in fixing bugs and adding Rhino 6 support.

Regards,

Enric

I like the idea. We’ll implement this in a future VisualARQ update.

Thanks,

Enric

Thank you! Looking forward to the Rhino 6 version!

Any progress on this? This is vital.

2 Likes

Agreed!
Not being able to display proper room tags in a floorplan (at least when the building is not north-directed), can be a nasty workflow decelerator.

2 Likes

@Eugen can you send us the .3dm file that has this issue? Thanks!

@Eugen, Curtain walls are detected by Spaces since VisualARQ 2.1 version!

1 Like

Thank you!!

Hi @Eugen

The new VisualARQ 2.10 version lets you edit spaces created from curves through control points (only the boundary).

Hello!
These vaSpace edit points are great, thanks a lot!! =)
Yet still no rotateable tags? =(

Something else: when editing the control points, the room tag updates in realtime - much much better than before! However, the ‘new’ yellow tag is drawn on top of the ‘old’ room tag during editing.
Often it’s necessary to adjust a room to a certain size, but it’s quite hard to read like so.
Would it be possible to show only the ‘new’ tag during edit?
Thanks!!

Hi Eugen,
I’ll report your request to the development team.

Thank yout, Francesc!
Why are rotateable space tags important? It’s good practice to basically model in ‘true north’, because it’s simplest then to import downloaded terrain data, all kinds of maps etc. to the scene, also from other planners. The building(s) will then usually not be aligned to true north, so we create named views (cplanes) for each. If you want then to create plan Layouts for the buildings, the Details will normally need to be aligned to each building’s named view / cplane - and since the space tags are always are in world coords, they would appear rotated.
Best regards
Eugen

2 Likes

@Eugen, I agree. The option to be able to rotate space labels is also planned. I’ll keep you posted.

2 Likes

Has this been implemented?