V7 Gradient Vector Hatch Updates

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone knows if there is any progress towards gradient vector hatches, specifically when printing with Rhino PDF? I like to fade the materials of my model slightly to make the dimensions pop more. In my layout the hatch appears as a gradient, but when I open the created PDF the hatch is solid white and hides the model behind it.

The last I saw it mentioned was a comment from October 2019 and am just wondering if there has been any progress?

Thanks!

Rhino|628x500

Gradient vector hatches should work if you don’t have transparency in your colors. The transparency is difficult to get correct in PDF.

Thanks for the quick reply Steve. So currently having transparency on hatches when printing to PDF isn’t really viable?

Gradient transparency is currently the problem.

Hi @stevebaer
Is there any update on gradient transparency for PDF printing?
it is still not working on V7.18

No update; we still do not have a good way to support gradients with transparency when exporting to PDF.

Workaround i’m using atm is to export png/jpeg and then combine them in acrobat, but its very tedious…

Could you do that in Rhino? Give us option to put a check mark somewhere that we want image files combined in pdf so rhino saves everything to image first and then combines it into a PDF at the end of the process? I know its not a proper solution, but it would do the trick until you solve it correctly