Using iPad pro and apple pencil 2

Hi there,

Is there anyone who knows if its possible to use the apple pencil together with rhino. I’m using “Duet Display” and my ipad pro to mirror my Pc onto the ipad, but when I’m in Rhino, the pencil seems to be doing a “right click” all the time. I can’t use it as a simple cursor/left click mouse.

I know this might not be the most urgent problem, but I think it could be interesting to use the pencil together with the command “sketch” in rhino. Does anyone had any succes with the apple pencil, or perhaps know of a driver to install?

Cheers,
Thomas

Hi

I had some problems with Duet, so I uninstalled it. I have used Astropad instead and it works very well with Apple pencil / iPad and the Rhino sketch command.

Philip

Hi Philip

Thank you for your reply,

Okay, this is kinda good news. Now I know that the pencil will work :slight_smile: …I guess I just have to wait for the launch of astropad for windows.

/Thomas

Oops, sorry - I didn’t catch the windows/pc-thing…

Philip

Hi there,

I have found one way to connect your Apple Pencil 2 and Rhino.
I tried the YamPad. That works well. You just need to connect your iPad and PC with USB cable and that works. Rhino become second screen on your iPad and you can draw, edit, anything you want. One annoying fact is that the app on iPad trigger a page asking you to rate YamPad. It appeared many times in a short interval. Apart from that, you can freely control your “FULL” Rhino features. Which is really wonderful.
The link is here. Install Yam Pad | Yam Display
I hope this help you too.
It is quite different from using Shapr3D. I like the feeling of using the full Rhino features on iPad.
If Rhino could provide “iPad Ready Features” in the future, we could see more spectacular creations with the ease of apple pencil use.
Last but not least, Yampad works on Mac too which is not sideCar feature.

All the best,
HL Naung

Hi
Does this mean I should be able to connect 2 iPads as second and third screens to my ( upcoming) Mac…?

Thanks
Akash