Unhandled CurrentDomain Exception

I have just downloaded Rhino for Mac and after it asks me to enter my email address for license validation, I get a window that is headed with Unhandled CurrentDomain Exception and then I can not do anything else.

Can you provide a little more information about what the Window displays? A screenshot would be very helpful.

Thanks

I’m getting Unhandled CurrentDomain Exception very often after Hide command (around 50% of tries). I need to Force Quit Rhino and when I reopen there is Rhino Error (2 images attached).

Software information

Software versions
Rhinoceros version: 5.2.3 (5C258)
IronPython version: 5.1.2015.131
Language: en (MacOS default)
OS X version: Version 10.11.6 (Build 15G31)

Plug-ins
/Library/Frameworks/3DconnexionClient.framework/Versions/A/3DconnexionClient

Third party kernel extensions
com.3dconnexion.driver (10.2.2) 598AA167-B9DE-3DFC-8288-33EEA0E4951B

Hardware information

Computer hardware
Hardware model: MacBookPro11,3
Processor: Intel Core i7-4870HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz
Memory: 16 GB
Architecture: Intel 64 bit

Video hardware
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB
Memory: 2048 MB
Screen size: 1680 x 1050
Displays: Color LCD (258dpi 2x)

USB devices
Apple Inc.: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad
Apple Inc.: Bluetooth USB Host Controller

Bluetooth devices
None

OpenGL information

OpenGL software
OpenGL version: 2.1 NVIDIA-10.10.13 310.42.25f01
Render version: 2.1
Shading language: 1.20
Maximum texture size: 16384 x 16384
Z-buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum viewport size: 16384 x 16384

Implementation settings
Use texture compression: No

Appearance settings
Antialiasing: 4x
Mip map filtering: None
Anisotropic filtering: None

It seems it is Hide on object selected with BoxEdit that causes the crash.

Hi @mikolaj

Sounds like you are getting close to being able to reproduce this crash. That’s great! Can you please provide detailed steps? I’m trying to reproduce it on my end and am having trouble.

Thanks in advance,
-Dan

PS: Presume I know nothing about Rhino when you write the steps…sometimes the devil is in the smallest detail.

Hi @dan

1. Draw a circle (or any other object)
  2. BoxEdit command
  3. Select the circle
  4. Hide command - that’s it

Getting that here.

Just curious, why would you hide something in the middle of a BoxEdit command?

«Randy

Normally, you wouldn’t, but it could be by accident, in any case, with proper programming an unhandled exception shouldn’t occur no matter what the user does, it should either ignore the incorrect user input (in this case Hide) or at the very least gracefully exit the command in progress.

–Mitch

Thanks for the explanation, that is what I thought … by accident. I agree it should be handled gracefully. I didn’t even get a change to exit Rhino, I had to force quit.

«Randy

Mitch, I don’t get it. Why would you close BoxEdit before hiding an object? For some kind of work I like to have BoxEdit constantly “on” to see the size (like a panel in WinRhino) and normally work with other commands.

Excellent! Thank you very much. I can reproduce this crash as well. (Logged in MR-2906). We’ll take a look.

-Dan

Well, perhaps BoxEdit works differently on Mac… In Windows, all the BoxEdit command does is show/hide the panel. In Windows I always have the panel docked, but it’s not always visible. In any case, besides updating when selected objects change, I don’t think it “activates” until you actually start playing with the settings in the panel… If you change some settings and hide the selected object it just disappears and the panel updates.

–Mitch

This bug should be fixed in the latest RhinoWIP.