Unable to load Lands.rhp plug-in: initialization failed

Hi, I donwloaded lands design today for evaluation, and installed. It does not load lands.rhp. Can someone help? Thanks.

Loading Rhino Render, version 1.50, May 26 2020, 07:11:30
Tibidabo 18.15 loaded.
License OK.
File “C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\AsuniCAD\Lands\Rhinoceros (64-bit)\UI\Lands Design.rui” is already open.
Lands Design version 5.1.3.6356 loaded.
Opening file with Lands Design format
Command: _tbInit
Command: _laInit
Unknown command: _laInit
Unable to load Lands.rhp plug-in: initialization failed.
Command: _laEarthScan
Unknown command: _laEarthScan

1 Like

Can you check if Lands Design is enabled in the “Rhino Options > Plugins” page?
If not, enable it, close Rhino and open it again from the Lands Design desktop icon. Does it solves the problem?

Thanks Albert. What is the name of the pluggin to check for enabled? I see Tibidabo pluggin (enabled) but I don’t see any pluggin that starts with “land”.

Thanks in advance,
JYP

It’s called Lands Design. It should be there.
If you have alreay launched Rhino from the Lands Design desktop icon and you can’t see the plugin in the Rhino Options dialog, it could be hidden by Rhino. I think Rhino hides plugins that were locked because they failed to load. So, there is no way to unlock it.
If this is your case, I’m afraid you must reinstall Lands so that the “First time run” happens again.

Thanks Albert. I did uninstall/reinstall and also tried to cleanup registry after uninstall. Same error persists “Unable to load lands.rhp”

Loading Rhino Render, version 1.50, Jun 24 2020, 05:23:56
Tibidabo 18.15 loaded.
License OK.
File “C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\AsuniCAD\Lands\Rhinoceros (64-bit)\UI\Lands Design.rui” is already open.
Lands Design version 5.1.3.6356 loaded.
Opening file with Lands Design format
Command: _tbInit
Command: _laInit
Unknown command: _laInit
Command: _Options

It looks like Lands Design plugin is not installed. The module loads because of Tibidabo but does not work properly because rhino is not aware of its commands. I think, Rhino blocked the rhp file
Can you try to manually install the Lands.rhp plugin file?
To do so, go to Rhino options, Plugins page, and click on “Install…”
Select the Lands.rhp file located at the following folder:
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Tibidabo

Does it solve the problem?

2 Likes

Yes installing manually as per your instructions solved the problem. It does work now. Thank you very much.

I gave the same problem, I should mention that it was working well and after I intsalled the last version 5.3 I faced this installation problem and I tried to install it manually as u said but it didn’t work

@albert

Can you see the Lands Design and Tibidabo plugins in the plugins list? Are they enabled?

• If Lands Design plugin is not present, it could have been blocked by Rhino. Installing it manually should solve the problem. Make sure you choose the rhp contained in the right Rhino version (6 or 7) folder

• If they are present and enabled and Lands can’t load, then registry may be wrong. Lands.rhp depends on some Windows registry entries created at install time. You can fix them by reinstalling the plugin with the “Repair” option, or by uninstalling it first and reinstalling it again. Both should work, though I prefer the second option. Close any running Rhino before trying this.

If the problem persists, can you specify?

• which Rhino version are you using
  • have you VisualARQ installed? Which version?

Hello i have the same issue and i tried all these solutions nothing works i have rhino 7 with updated landsdesign

Hi @em280550 ,
Which exact versions of Rhino and Lands Design do you have?
Try to uninstall Lands and install it again.

Have you tried that?

Hi, I had gotten complete same issue with Jyhp. I did active check on “Ask to load disabled plug-ins” of “Plug-ins”, Rhino options window, and solved this problem. How lucky me, found this comments. Thanks Albert.

1 Like