I am trying to extract naked vertices from a mesh that I created from originally two cuboids.
Here’s what I did.
- I made two cuboids inside Rhino
- I did Boolean union of them.
- I exploded the result.
- I removed topmost and bottommost faces.
- Inside Rhino, I joined all those faces, then created one single BREP out of them.
- I converted that BREP into a mesh.
- Then I inserted that mesh into nakedvertices component of Kangaroo.
Ideally I should get vertices only at the top and the bottom. But Kangaroo is also wrongly giving me vertices which are not naked as well and joined with other vertices.
I even tried meshjoin component before inserting into the ‘naked vertices’ component but not getting the desired result.
What should I do to make Kangaroo detect vertices which are actually naked instead of also getting additional vertices selected?
Of course, I can create more BREPS at the outer vertical edges for selection, then use point in BREPS, then dispatch, then cull(remove) the unwanted points. But is there a better method in which Kangaroo correctly chooses the naked vertices?
TOP AND BOTTOM NAKED VERTICES ATTEMPT.gh (26.3 KB)