Triangular distributed Load on Shell

I’ve been trying to model a circular reservoir in Grasshopper and analyse it using karamba3D.
I declared the reservoir walls as shells, but after that I encountered issues while trying to apply horizontal loads on the shell. The water self-weight creates a triangular distributed load on the walls. Like in this picture:

But I couldn’t find a way to apply that form of load on a shell using karamba3D.

To “run away” from this problem, I divided the original mesh into smaller meshes and applied fixed distributed loads in each layer using the MeshLoad Const on the Loads component, the bigger load on the mesh near the bottom and the smaller load on the mesh near the maximum water level.

I imagine the way I did is precise enough, but I wish there were a better way to do it, I’m open to suggestions!

Hi, in your diagram it seems that you want to apply a global projected load. So you should model the rectangular surfaces and simply input the direction for the projection

The direction of the loads wasn’t the problem, they’re already facing the correct faces:

The problem is the modeling of a triangular load on a shell, I tried to "emulate’ its effect by placing multiple rectangular loads in sequence.

But what I really wanted to do was using a component like Beam Loads (with trapezoidal load):

But it should be usable on shells, so I could get an effect like that:

Is it possible? Or do I really have to subdivide the wall into smaller horizontal rectangles and apply constant rectangular loads with decreasing values into each mesh/shell?

Dividing like that creates a loss in precision, I wanted it to be precise as possible

Hi, you can use the Mesh Variable and set different values for each face

You mean MeshLoad Variable?
Could you recommend an example?

I downloaded all the examples from: 3.2.1: General Loads | English 英文 | Karamba3D 2.2.0

None of them showed that Type of Load, they only use MeshLoad Const.

i am not sure if there is an example, but you just need to provide a list of vectors that defines the load for each mesh face

Well, I’ll search around and see if I can find something, but I would be very happy to see an official example in Karamba’s manual in the future

here is a small example showing how it works

MeshLoadVariable_VerySimple.gh (21.4 KB)