Transform a surface with attractor points

unhandled

(Coker-0ne) #1

Hello guys!

I have a surface and i want to create something like this where the surface transformed due to rectangles in various distances.

I thought that a way to do it in grasshopper is with multiple attractor points. My problem is that when i set multiple points as attractor points it creates a different point grid for each attractor.

So when i create a surface from points i take a strange surface like this.

What i have to do in order all my attractor points affect a single grid of points.

attractor points.gh (11.5 KB)

Thanks in advance

Attractor points and Grids
(qythium) #2

Graft your point input, average out their individual contributions, and shift the tree back down a level:

There’s also an issue with your surface construction, check out the edited file for 2 different approaches-
attractor points.gh (19.3 KB)

Check this as well…

attractor points_re.gh (15.9 KB)

I like this one, but Preview fails in Rhino 5. It has an ‘M’ (Material) input instead of an ‘S’ (Shader) with no default defined. Not standard?

missing

Looks like another difference in GH 1.0.0005. including bellow…

Odd that it works in Rhino 5 if I connect a Colour Swatch or Create Material to the Preview 'M; input, it’s just missing a default.

(Coker-0ne) #7

Thank you very much guys for your help!

What if I would like the transformation length of each point to have the same length with the vertical distance of each point to my base surface?

I used closest point in order to count the distance of each point from surface but I think that I dont know the right way to connect them on remap target .