Text Style Will Not Change

In the attached I have extracted text from a Rhino 5 file that was converted to Rhino 6.

The file contains text blocks and several styles. Rhino steadfastly refuses to change the style for any of the text box.

Select a text block
Change the style

Nothing happens.

Select another text block.
Select the first text block. The style is back to what it was before it was “changed.”

What can I do to correct this?

Problem Styles 4.3dm (3.4 MB)

Hi - I’m not seeing that here when I do the following:
I open your file and see 3 text objects in the viewport. They are all using the style called “Default”. This style is using a font that I don’t have on my Mac. In Document Properties, I make a copy of the “Default” style and it gets called “Default 01”. I change the font to “Comic Sans MS” and the height to 16. I then select one of the text objects in the viewport, click on the Style drop-down in the Properties panel and change that from “Default” to “Default 01”. At this point, the text object in the viewport is changed: the font is clearly Comic Sans and the height is clearly bigger than it was before.

What are you doing differently?
-wim

1. Select Text Block (style default)
  2. Change style to Label.
    (Nothing happens)
  3. Select another block.
  4. Select the first back
    (Style goes back to Label)

I have been thinking that something has gotten CFed on my system some how. I have reinstalled Rhino.

Hi @miano, I confirm that it is working here as expected, no problem changing styles but, as Wim, I don’t have that font either, so Rhino automatically changed to Arial. Have you tried with a different font? maybe the problem is just with that specific font you are using…

I’ll try a different font. But I am surprised you folks don’t have Century Schoolbook. That’s pretty commonl