Technical view mode misses many lines

Yes, true.

Fusion 360 for example seems to grow a lot more in terms of features, the company is probably much bigger though. But yes, only because I’m personally missing some features on this list, this does not necessarily mean that a new version isn’t justified. Like I had mentioned, I do welcome a quicker release schedule compared to what we were used to until rhino 6.

Rhino’s price:
Since it is really low compared to what it offers, there isn’t much room to complain.

More developers:
Yes, I have the feeling they really could need some more help. On the one hand I can understand that the McNeelTeam wants to stay something like a tight family, on the other hand when you add features like cycles, it is not fair to have only one developer in charge of this. I have the feeling this is just too much work for one dev. So yes, mo money mo devs would be great.

Because I mentioned UI:
Looking at grasshopper’s UI, I don’t think they need to search for new devs in that regard. I hope the future of rhino’s UI will learn from grasshopper.

Coming back to the actual topic of this thread, technical view mode:
I’d whish for more direct/quicker controls to change the appearance of technical and other view modes. This ties a bit into this thread.
Since Mesh2 looks to be a big deal, I hope they’ll manage to include it in RH7.

1 Like