Subdivide Data Tree

hi guys,

I’m looking for a more clever way to subdivide a Tree based on their first path index. Something similare as Explode tree, but more advanced… Any component for that ?

Here is what I came up with… but its not parametric. it would be usefull if I have many paths.

Thanks !,
-CC

Use Expression as dynamic mask input.

2 Likes

I didn’t know this trick !! Thanks for the tip kim :slight_smile: ! That solve the " parametric problem.

Now does any component (plugins) exist that output each selected branches in different outputs ? Something similar as Explode Tree component. It would save me from using many time the same split tree component.

Best,
-CC

Hi Charkes, maybe with group and ungroup, but the hard work is to add the ungroup component to each output. how many paths are you planning to manage? work with lots of outputs is not efficient.

probably via code, @andheum did something similar a long time ago, a “TreeSplitter”.
https://vimeo.com/48183335

2 Likes

lol i forgot about that!

hi @ErickVasquez,

I’ve look at your definition a second time and, it’s not exactly what I’m looking for. Although I think the TreeSplitter is closer to what I look after. @andheum maybe you have an idea ?

I’m looking for a more clever way to subdivide a Tree based on their first path index. Something similare as Explode tree, but more advanced… Any component for that ?

Regards,
-CC

A shorter way can be to use initial data directly with the group command.

tree splitter.gh (9.6 KB)

1 Like

Thank very much @ErickVasquez and @parametriccuriosity

I didn’t know much how to use the shift Path component ! Now I can appreciate his utility :slight_smile: !

Problem solved !

Regards,
-CC