Going to try to be careful to phrase this exactly right…
If, on a single subD face, any naked edge sits between two other naked edges…
- That edge cannot be creased.
- That edge’s vertices can be creased.
- If creased, that edge’s vertices cannot both be uncreased at the same time.
- If creased, that edge’s vertices can be uncreased one by one.
If a user uncreases an entire open subD by control-shift frame selecting it and calling _RemoveCrease, the vertices described above won’t uncrease and will appear to be impossible to uncrease.
Screenshot of the condition where this happens:
What I think should happen:
- Selecting the edge and calling _Crease or _RemoveCrease should have the same effect as creasing or uncreasing both of it’s vertices.
- _RemoveCrease should work on both vertices simultaneously.
- Simply selecting an entire SubD object without using control-shift frame and calling _Crease or _Uncrease should crease or uncrease every edge and vertex on the object, but there should maybe be a popup that asks if the user really wants to do that.
- Control-shift frame selecting an entire SubD object and calling _crease or _uncrease should effect the entire object, with no popup warning.