Stitching together OSM files in GH?

Hi,

I am trying to piece together a map of LAX using OSM files and Elk 2. However, I can’t figure out how to stitch them all together in Grasshopper because all of the files end up being placed on top of each other. There are overlaps so I can do it once I bake the geometry, but then I lose the ability to call out the different elements in the map using GH. I saw one forum discussion that moved each piece using a point vector but I didn’t really understand how that worked. Does anyone have a strategy for doing this? The pieces of the map go clockwise 1 - 6 from bottom right to top right.

Stitched Maps.gh (18.0 KB)

Thank you!

Hi Brendan -
You didn’t internalize your PolyLine and BRep components / parameters and so it’s hard to help you.
Also, all outputs from the OSM Data components for one of those maps will have to be moved in the same direction, so there is no need to repeat the “Move” code three times.

You could place one point for each map in the Rhino document that you reference in Grasshopper and use that point to feed into the Move component. That way you don’t have to deal with a slider…
-wim

Hi,

Thanks for the help. I will do that in upcoming situations.

I missed the email that stated I had a response or I would have responded earlier.