How to patch multiple OSM files in the same script with ELK

Hello!

I am trying to stitch together and create a 3D model of San Francisco in grasshopper using the location plugin from elk. I am having to do this because open street maps will only allow me to crop a small window of data at a time. I have imported the osm files separately and they all seem to overlap on top of each other. I was hoping that they would place themselves in the right location based off of the latitude coordinate and the longitude coordinate. For example, when I imported one of the OSM files from the center of the city it popped up in the water.

in the image I uploaded the osm file i highlighted should be somewhere above the other osm file that is overlapping it.

any help would be much appreciated!!!

Elk%20file%20issue|690x283

this is the image

There are different websites, where you can download whole citys.
For example:
https://download.geofabrik.de/

When your under the export task on openstreetmap.com, different websites will be shown.

@alyssa.parsons
Were you able to mesh together multiple maps to create your city? I am now trying to do the same thing, but the point setting is not working. I also tried downloading files at the geofabrik website, but none of these opened in grasshopper/elk?

Hi Ashley - Can you upload the Grasshopper file and the dataset that you are trying to read into Elk?
-wim

After a few days of searching different methods, I figured out a way to get the result I was searching for. I will upload my file in case you have better methods.
-I used the MOVE (along a vector) component (arrow with two nodes at either end)
-I connected the Polyline to the Geometry on MOVE
-Then I connected the POINT to the Translation vector.

This actually made a copy of the original and I am able to move the copy anywhere I want to.

BaseMap1.3dm (87.8 KB) BaseMap1.gh (41.5 KB)

Hi Ashley,

That is correct, that is the way to move objects in Grasshopper.

Note that if you need help and have to upload something later sometime, you don’t have to upload the 3dm file. In this case it was completely empty, but even if there is referenced geometry in a 3dm file, you can internalize that into the gh file. That way, you only have to send one file. Also, in this case, you didn’t provide the input data (the ...\Grasshopper\3D BASE MAP - ELK\map (1).osm file that is referenced) and, as such, there really is not much to look at for someone who opens your gh file.
cheers,
-wim