Sort/Arrange Module Components (Icons) in Grasshopper Interface (Toolbar)

This seems like such a simple thing I can’t believe I’m not finding it. How do I arrange the icons on my toolbar? I want to sort them according to function: mesh, volumetric, evolutionary, structural, what I use first in my process vs later. Is this somehow categorized already? Because I’m not seeing a pattern here and this is annoying, I’m OCD because I like to design from pattern to details.

1 Like

Sorry about that. @DavidRutten has a toolbar editor on his list for GH2…

ha! Too many plugins is exactly the problem! Def need an easier way to organize & load/unload them. I too have had difficulty in this. Maybe I just haven’t figured out the interface properly??

Nope. There’s nothing to figure out in GH1.

1 Like

Am I understanding this correctly: that each plugin typically gets its own tab, and thereby I could likely have dozens (if not a hundred) tabs, w/o the option to consolidate plugin panel(s) into user-preferred-tabs manually w/in GH1?

Yes.

Sort of. Mostly. Each component (doesn’t matter where it comes from, native or plug-in) specifies its own name, category and subcategory. The category becomes the tab name, the subcategory the panel. So it would be possible for a plug-in to define a bunch of components which are inserted into the default tabs, or for two or more plugins to share a tab. This is up to the plug-in developer.

1 Like

Sounds right. I think Tree Frog (or sim) neatly integrates into the default tabs. I’d really like a way to combine tabs–or customize “Category-1” tags in order to do so. Which plugins I might be interested in taking advantage of really depends on the type of project I’m working on at the moment. Often one plug-in has only one panel(Cat-2) entry and if there’s enough of these installed, it eats up a lot of screen space along the top.

Hey @DavidRutten
we develop a plugin that has some components inserted into default tabs, but in its own subcategory.
The issue that we are facing is to define where the subcategory panel is placed in the toolbar. We noticed that in some tabs the panels are placed in alphabetical order, while in others they are placed to the right (as last).

Is there a way of setting the subcategory tab order so that its always placed in the right?