[SOLVED] Any way to run rhino 5 without problem on Radeon graphics card? (R9 M280X)

really needed it for project. i know radeon graphics card is not recommended. but i only have this laptop.

It should run. You may experience some glitches, depending on the card and driver. Make sure the driver is updated to the latest.

At the worst, if you are experiencing constant crashing or serious video artifacts, turn off hardware acceleration. In Options>View>OpenGL, uncheck “Use accelerated hardware modes”. Your display will no longer have any problems related to the card, but your display will be slow with more complicated scenes,. But it will allow you to work if all else fails.

HTH, --Mitch

what if my processor is also AMD?

No problem with AMD CPU’s as far as I know… --Mitch

so it will use the on board R7 graphics card right?

No idea. If you disable hardware acceleration, it will not use any graphics accelerator, the CPU basically does the job of the graphics card in that case. More than that I do not know, you just have to try and see what works best. --Mitch

PROBLEM SOLVED.
(the problem was flickering and switching viewports, After some time, cursor will freeze and the whole program lag followed by crash)

SOLUTION :
It should run. You may experience some glitches, depending on the card and driver. Make sure the driver is updated to the latest.

At the worst, if you are experiencing constant crashing or serious video artifacts, turn off hardware acceleration. In Options>View>OpenGL, uncheck “Use accelerated hardware modes”. Your display will no longer have any problems related to the card, but your display will be slow with more complicated scenes,. But it will allow you to work if all else fails.

HTH, --Mitch

Thanks Mitch. Thought I was going to sell my computer. Anyway i regret for purchasing AMD machine for running design software… as in Intel and Nvidia perform better. Thank you :slight_smile: