Snap multiple points to mesh

When dragging multiple points in one go, _SnapToMeshObject keeps only one point on the mesh.
How can I drag multiple points together while all the selected points snap to the mesh?

Hi Erik - No way that I know of in plain Rhino - can you post or send me an example of what you need to do?

-Pascal

In this example I want to drag a few editpoints (with softmove and SnapToMesh enabled) and keep all the points on the mesh while moving them together. But only the point the cursor is on, snaps to the mesh while moving, the other points have moved away from the mesh.
Now I need to pull the points that have “left the mesh” to the mesh again. That means not only a few extra clicks, it also makes the deformation less controllable and hard to keep the right distribution of the grips.
It would be great when multiple points could snap to a mesh while dragging them (or other objects…)
Erik

Hello - I see - there is no way that I know of to do that in Rhino - using Pull on the subd points after each move may help some. I’ll see if I can come up with something better.

-Pascal

1 Like

Thanks Pascal,I hope you find a solution!