Slow display meshing in v6

Hi forum, is anyone having trouble with slow meshing? It is in the the display . Slow meaning, I got tired of waiting. 3mb file, so wouldn’t think it would take too much time. It is also slow in V5. Thanks,Mark

Hi Mark - please saveSmall, Zip and post the file to tech@mcneel.com, I’ll take a look.

-Pascal

Hi Pascal, good pre-spring to you.
I will try and get a file in to you on the weekend. I let it run until it meshed. It was around 2-3 minutes for a close to 1 gig. file. Thanks,Mark

I am experiencing very slow effects in RH6 in some cases with meshing, whether that is saving the file, exporting STL or switching from wireframe to shaded view.

Several minutes to export a 4mb STL. Half an hour or more to save a 2gb file! RH5 by comparison is a snap!

The file saving is especially frustrating.

Does RH6 handle meshes differently somehow?

Hello - We’ve heard more than one report of slow mesh file saving - at least to some formats - can you please tell me if a (small, but enough to see that it lags for stl) mesh saved to obj or ply is equally slow?

thanks,

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,

They are still much more laggy than RH5, although with the same settings the file size is smaller with RH6 - approx half the size in some cases.

Happy to send you a part of the model if helpful to test with?

I find that when opening in wireframe RH6 responds very well, saves quickly even on enormous files, but once initiating render mesh the file / exports etc all become laggy.

Thought I might be in need of a new SSD!