Slab from curve thickness

Hello
I’m new to Rhino and visualArq (testing the demos)
I’m following the ville savoye tutorial and got my first problem.
When creating a slab from a curve, I can’t pick either the direction of the extrusion (goes the negative way) nor the thickness of the slab (default is 0.3, I need 0.1). Trying to type the desired value doesn’t work in the commande line or in the slab layer property.

Thank you

Never mind, I ended finding the solution but I find It quite counter intuitive. Why can I not choose the thickness when I create the slab? (Forgive me but I use Maya, Modo and Lightwave and the aproach is very different, I need to get used to the way Rhino and visualArq work.)

Hi @marchermitte you can change the slab thickness when you insert it. The slab thickness is defined by style, but it can be changed by object individually:

Ok, thank you. For any reason It didn’t seem to work the first time I tried. NOw It does, I might have tried in another menu (properties?)
I have another question/, In the tutorial, It seems easy to edit the walls through some widget (arrow shape) and control points but I can’t see those. Is there a special way to make them active/visible?

Thank you for your help.

Hi @marchermitte,

You need to enable control points on the object you want to edit. Run the command _PointsOn, or click on the toolbar icon image or press F10.

http://docs.mcneel.com/rhino/5/help/en-us/commands/pointson.htm

Regards,

Enric

tried that but It doesn’t work with all the geometry (once It asks to click on the desired object, It’s impossible to click on It and select It. I found out on the forum that Ungroup / explode seems to make It available to selection, which is weird)

Thank you

Hi @marchermitte,

Can you send me the model to visualarq@asuni.com where are you seeing this issue?

Thanks,

Enric