I am a beginner grasshopper/karamba user and I would to simulate piles (elastic stiffness along pile according to ground).
I tested the component “Cross section - spring” but it seems to be the wrong way.
Do you have any ideas about it ?
Thank you for your answers,
Thank you for your support.
I saw it but i am not sure it could be use on my case study (see attachement):
I already tried to :
- do same think like previsous example but results forces along piles are not realistic
- add “cross section-spring” combined to [0-section + concrete material] but no results
Do you have any ideas to add stiffness along piles properly ?
Thank you for your help !
at the moment (Karamba3D 1.3.3) you have to do a workaround:
- divide the pile into segments.
- attach springs to each of the resulting nodes. Their stiffness needs to be equivalent to the distributed stiffness of half of the two segments it connects to
- add a full support at the other end of the springs.